Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon, Oh Edward!

So, we went and saw New Moon tonight.  A group of us.  I think we may have bought the tickets in September.  We sat in line, on the dirty theater floor, for about 2 hours so we could get 5 seats together.  We almost got trampled.  People were acting crazy.

I have read the entire Twilight Saga, have seen a multitude of trailers and have talked to friends who saw it at the midnight showing.  After all of this, knowing what to expect, I still cannot believe what a killer body Jacob has :)  Especially since Twilight.  Something tells me that this is a little "cougarish" of me - I don't even know how old Taylor Lautner is in real life.  Even so, I am still, without a doubt, definitely Team Edward.

Speaking of Edward.  Oh, Edward.  I literally got chills in his first "real" scene of the movie as he is strutting across the school parking lot towards Bella.  There is something so exquisite about him.  He has an aura of beauty.  Let's face it, he's just plain H-O-T.  Such a fine specimen.  But here's my only issue;  I love, love, love him as Edward.  But Robert Pattinson as himself, not so much.  Don't get me wrong, he is very easy on the eyes, but only really sparks my interest when he's in character as Edward.

I don't really have anything nice to say about Kristen Stewart, so I will refrain.  However, Sweet Pea's mommy made a good point in that maybe she will be better once she is "turned".

New Moon was awesome.  This is a rare case where I think the movie was actually better than the book.  For some reason, I cried through most of the book.  I was so heartbroken for Bella.  I only got a little weepy a few times during the movie.  I must be getting soft in my old age.  I'm looking forward to June 2010 for Eclipse.  Has anyone heard when filming starts on Breaking Dawn?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I really hope Bella is more likable once she turns! Perhaps K-Stew is just a really good method actress who gets into character hardcore?

    Team Jacob!!!

    ReplyDelete